Goal is Simple: Learn to create one pager executive dashboards in MS Excel that update with the click of the Refresh button, or with a simple copy-paste of your new data.
This course is suitable for you if you answer YES to:-
- Do you want to spend less time creating reports and more time analyzing and gaining insights from the reports?
- Do your reports take a long time to update each reporting cycle?
- Do you want to gain skills to avail credible dashboards that allow the management to understand what is going on and make better decisions, quickly?
This training aims at making the process of “Data to Decisions” efficient and cost effective. This will be achieved by maximum utilisation of the most basic, easily available and affordable reporting tool MS Excel. For example, it is interesting to note that although ALL organizations have MS Excel and use it in more than 50% of their reporting/analysis processes, only about 10% of the features available in Excel are used in most of the organizations. In terms of ROI, MS Excel is among the worst performing reporting tools in most organizations.
This training provides you with the technical know-how to move from reporting your data with simple tables full of dull numbers to creating and presenting key information through the use of high-impact, meaningful and appealing reporting solutions (dashboards).
The course will help you to:
- Explore top 15 advanced data analysis functions that will save your report generation turn-around time!
- Move from static, dull reports to interactive and insightful dashboards -learn to apply form controls, slicers, pick lists, and camera tool to create interaction
- Show top performers using formulas and YoY% by a click of a mouse
- Achieve more with advanced analytical charts -Pareto chart, Scrolling charts, Gauge Charts
- Easily spot trends and patterns in your data by using icon sets, traffic lights, Sparklines and Custom Number formats
- Creating a dashboard in Excel step-by-step
- This course is definitely NOT for you if locking cells ($ sign), VLOOKUP & PivotTables are news to you!
- You need to have been a regular user of Excel (at least 40% usage in a week), and are comfortable with creating simple lookup formulas and charts, as well as customizing them.
- This course is not suitable for Absolute Beginners in Microsoft Excel. If you are a beginner, we recommend that you start with less advanced Excel courses. You can write to email@example.com with your inquiry.
Logistics & Delivery Method
This hands-on experience and highly practical course is run in a computer laboratory with workstations provided, and installed with latest version of Excel. Participants may bring their own laptops if they prefer installed with MS Office suite, 2010 or higher.
Benefits & Inclusions
Among other give-aways you will benefit with the following:
- A comprehensive manual of content covered
- Certificate of participation
- On-going help: you can always e-mail the facilitator
- Networking: meet industry peers and hear how they approach this subject