The MSc in Data Science and Analytics (MSc DSA) teaches Data Science & Analytics with its applications in Finance, IT, Banking, and many other industries. Moving into the Fourth Industrial revolution almost all industries will be able to benefit from using data to make ethical business
Students will also be exposed to the theoretical background for data mining, management, analysis modeling, decision making and analytics.
This program for students who have completed a degree in Statistics, IT, Commerce, Economics or Finance and who wish to further their knowledge of Data Science.
The program provides students with a route to high-quality careers in big data, data analytics and data science.
The program will supply industry and government with a stream of highly trained specialists in data science and analytics.
1. Business Specialisation places special emphasis on applications in the financial sector.
2. Computational statistics emphasizes mathematical and statistical fundamentals that underpin the major algorithmic aspects of Data Science.
Intake: April 2021
MODE OF DELIVERY
The course will be delivered via blended learning i.e. via both face to face sessions as well as video conferencing.
Duration: 2 academic years
Admission Office, Strathmore University
Ole Sangale Road, Madaraka Estate,
P.O. Box 59857-00200 City Square,
Tel. +254 (0) 703 034000/203/232/297
Why Strathmore University?
1. Holders of First Class or Upper Second Class honours degrees in the relevant academic fields from recognized universities, or
2. Holders of Lower Second Class degrees plus postgraduate diplomas or certificates, or with at least two years’ relevant experience, or
3. Holders of other related qualifications from recognised universities, considered by the Academic Council as equivalent to the criteria in (i) or (ii).
4. In addition to meeting any one of the above admission criteria, applicants are required to attend and pass an oral interview and an appropriate Graduate Entrance Examination.
If the applicant meets the above entry requirements, then they are invited to sit for a written Graduate Entrance Exam (GEE). All applicants
MUST sit and pass the GEE consisting of a written exam followed by an oral interview. The written exam entails English comprehension and grammar, arithmetic as well as an essay. Once the applicant has completed and passed the written exam, they are scheduled for an oral interview.
NB: The GEE is administered every Wednesday and Friday at 2:00 pm.
i. Duly filled in Graduate Application Form (To be attached).
ii. Two (2) completed Reference Forms from your professional background or from former professors particularly qualified to attest to the applicant’s qualification for graduate study (To be attached).
iii. Certified copies of undergraduate degree certificate and transcript of records (TOR) in English giving full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained.
iv. Certified copy of your Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education-KCSE certificate (Secondary/High School Certificate or its equivalent).
v. An updated Curriculum Vitae. Please use the Euro pass CV template (http://europass. cedefop.europa.eu).
vi. Two (2) current passport size photos.
vii. A copy of National Identity Card (ID) or a
copy of Passport (bio-data page).
viii. 2,500 Interview fees payable on the inter-
NB: Certified copies: Please note the copies of the certificates and transcripts should be certified by the awarding institution or by an advocate of the high court.