@iLabAfrica Research and Innovation Centre- Strathmore University is offering an ICT program for primary and secondary school kids. The program seeks to introduce IT to the students at an early age through fun and interactive activities
The activities to learn include:
- Coding – kids learn how to develop simple programs, apps & games using visual and/or text-based programming languages
- Electronics and Robotics – from first principles to advanced robot programming
- Computer Science Concepts – logical and computational thinking
- Child Online Protection – kids learn how to interact with the internet safely and securely.
We have ensured that the student involved has reached the set marked prerequisites. They include:
- Students should be between 6 years -18 years.
- Students should have the ability to use a computer keyboard and mouse.
- Every student should own a personal email address. This is where all training manuals, notes and assignments are shared/sent. We recommend Gmail.
- Students should have a curious mind, ready to explore and learn!!
- Hands on learning on Robots programing, application development and cyber security.
- Mentorship from IT experts in various blue chip IT firms in the Country
- Fun and games
- Lunch and refreshments
- Networking with kids from other schools
Course Fee per child (Physical class): Ksh. 10,000 per week/module
Payments Instructions (ALL PAYMENTS TO BE MADE TO STRATHMORE UNIVERSITY only):
Payment Option 1 – Mpesa:
Account Number: 600840
Send Confirmation message (include Child name) to email@example.com or Call +254714229812
Payment Option 2 – Standard Chartered Bank:
Standard Chartered Bank (any branch)
Account Number: 010 204 484 4 000
Indicate Course Name as: Kids Coding Bootcamp (on Bank slip)
Include Child’s name (on Bank slip)