The eHealth unit focuses on Health Informatics Research whose aim is to develop innovative solutions incorporating emerging Information and Communication Technologies to address the challenges of information and evidence based healthcare management in the public and private health sectors of Africa.
We collaborate with both public and private sector partners such as:
Some of the projects include:
• Open Source Basic Laboratory Information System (BLIS) for public and private hospitals in Africa.
• Cervical Cancer Risk Awareness Research and Education Program.
• Drug Resistance and Microbial/Viral Mutation and Resistance for Africa.
• National Cancer Registry.
• Personal Health Care Management—Medbook Africa.
• Community-based ICT for Maternal Healthcare in Africa (mHealth4Africa).
• Rapid Testing Quality Improvement Initiative (RTQII).
• Mobile and Web-based National HIV Proficiency Testing (PT).
• Stepwise Laboratory Management towards Accreditation (SLMTA) e-Checklist.